UL Listed and FM Approved or VdS approved Novec 1230 (FK-5-1-12) Gas Extinguishing System is one of the Clean Gas Fire Extinguishing Systems. It is defined in EN 15004, ISO 14520, VdS 2381 / CEA 4045 and NFPA 2001 standards. Data centers are used in ships, archives, telephone exchanges, security rooms, data processing rooms, generator rooms, electrical rooms, museums … etc. used for the protection of valuable areas. It is also used in areas where water extinguishing systems damage the protected equipment.
Novec 1230 is physically similar to Halon 1301. Novec 1230 in liquid form mixes with air to form a gas mixture. The heat absorption capacity of this mixture; the air alone is higher than the heat absorption capacity. Thus more heat is absorbed from the environment. Does not reduce the oxygen value in the air very much.
All other chemical agents disappear in nature at a temperature of about 500 ° C, return to the form of Halogen Acid (HF), then are perceived as a pungent and bitter odor before reaching a level harmful to human health.
Novec 1230 has specially designed nozzles with 180° and 360° protection.
The system can be modular or centralized. In modular systems, there is a space-specific cylinder close to the space to be protected. In central systems, many areas can be protected by the same system with selector valves.
- Colorless is
- Bromine and Chlorine free
- Does not harm ozone (ODP = 0)
- It can be used safely in human areas.
- Does not leave residue after discharge
- Discharging time up to 10 seconds
- No electrical conductivity
- Machines, precious documents, artwork and painting and so on. does not cause damage to the works.
- Stored as a liquid.
- The boiling point is low.
- Chemical Formula CF3CF2C (O) CF (CF3) 2
- Vapor Pressure 20 ° C 0,4 bar
- Boiling point at 1 atm + 49 ° C
- Liquid density at 20 ° C1,6 kg / l
- 1 atm, gas density at 20 ° C 13,6 kg / m3
- Global warming potential 1
- Atmosphere stay 5 days
- Design concentration 4.5% – 5.8%
- NOAEL Level 10%
- LOAEL Level 10%
- LC50 (4 hours fore test) 100,000 ppm (> 10%)