Foam; It is an extinguisher used in extinguishing flammable, flammable, easily flammable liquids, chemicals and fuels. Foam is an effective extinguisher Crude oil, gasoline, jet fuel, gasoline, fuel oil, naphtha … etc. in hydrocarbon fires, alcohols, ketones, etheres, esters, etc. polar solvents fire. The foam used in the system is a substance that is expanded with air bubbles, lighter than water or flammable liquid. The extinguisher, which is formed by mixing foam liquid with water, expands upon contact with air and covers the combustible liquid and cuts its contact with air. Foam extinguishing systems can be controlled automatically or manually. Foam applications; foamed sprinkler system, foam fire cabinet application, fuel tank extinguishing applications, foam monitor applications, high expansion foam generator application.
- Cools the fuel surface and surrounding surfaces.
- It cuts off the contact of oxygen with fuel vapor.
- It prevents evaporation on the fuel surface.
- Separates fuel surface and flame.
Foam Extinguishing Systems Usage Areas
- Aircraft Hangars
- Helicopter hangars
- Fuel Loading and Discharge Stations
- Paint shops
- Chemical production and storage facilities
- Storage and filling facilities of flammable and flammable liquids
- Oil refineries
- Shipyards and piers
- Yacht Ports